Andy, our C 90 driver (by John Stanley)

Alle Fragen rund um Österreichs zentrales Motorrad-Wintertreffen

Andy, our C 90 driver (by John Stanley)

Beitragvon motorang » Do 16 Feb, 2006 19:22

John sent me this E-Mail, and allowed me to publish it here:
I had no idea that the boys down in the car park were having so much fun.

Seeing our new found friends having fun, while we at the hut were having to put up with warm beds, as much hot food and very good cold beer as we liked, gave me to thinking that for the 2007 event I may give up our room and move down to the car park ... only joking ... :wink:

You asked about Andy? Yes, he arrived back in Hull on Friday some 5 days after the Tauertreffen, so he should have been home in Skipton some time late Friday our Saturday.

You are right in calling Andy a Hero, we know the C90 is a very good bike, but to ride one all that way - well, lets just say it would not be my first choice of wheels for that very big trip.

Andy was at the 2006 Welsh Dragon, and yes - he was on his C90, and just to put him above us humans, he has a girl friend who also rides a C90, and she was camping at the Dragon as well.

In fact she rode her own C90 along with Andy on his C90 to last years' 2005 Elephant ... Where did he find that Woman ?

Andy gave me his picture C.D at the Dragon of his 2005 trip to the Elephant with his girlfriend, including a ride around Europe - and when I say "a ride around" I mean a ride around Europe, not just a quick blast (being not sure if you can have a quick blast on a C90?).
Plus the trip to the 2006 Elephant and on to Austria and back.

The CD is a real gem to see, and when I can find time, I will ask Andy if I can send a copy to you ...

In today's World of high speed travel and GPS, it's refreshing to meet good people like your self who have their feet firmly on the ground - or should that be pegs?

In fact I'm going to leave the car in our garage and borrow our son in laws' C90 and get out on the road again ... maybe not Europe just yet ...But up into our Yorkshire Dale to do some photography, have a pub lunch and an easy ride back. I live on the North side of Bradford so the dales are not very far by C90 ...

Here is a link to our Yorkshire Dales for your enjoyment,sorry but you will not see a snow chain sign anywhere.

http://www.yorkshire-dales.com/welcome.html

(...)

Well my good friend I will close for now.

take care and ride safe......
regards.

John Stanley

I like his style :-D

Bild

cheers
motorang
-------------------
Gerade als die Raupe dachte, die Welt würde untergehen, verwandelte sie sich in einen Schmetterling.
motorang
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blechroller » Do 16 Feb, 2006 20:12

Ich sach ja, britische Briten werden höchsten von schottischen Schottländern ybertroffen :-D

Ybrigens, die yorkshire dales sind eine wirklich feine Gegend. Dort wurde z. B. die legendäre Serie meiner Kindheit "Der Doktor und das liebe Vieh" gedreht. Ich versteh nur nicht, wie man da mit einer C90 durchbrettern :shock: kann. Ich war mit der 50er Vespa dort :-D

OllY
Oxymoronscher Kradist
"Your motor sounds different!"

Lederfransen kann man sogar verchromen

Photonen
Blechroller
Vielschreiber

Beitragvon Dreckbratze » Fr 17 Feb, 2006 15:53

wunderschöne ecke, habe die auf dem weg zur Man durchquert und mir vorgenommen, das nächstemal mehr zeit dort zu verbringen
The idea is to die young as late as possible
Dreckbratze
Vielschreiber

Zurück zu Tauerntreffen