Johns Application Email for the 2006 TT

Alle Fragen rund um Österreichs zentrales Motorrad-Wintertreffen

Johns Application Email for the 2006 TT

Beitragvon motorang » Do 16 Feb, 2006 19:30

Enjoy!

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is John Stanley I'm 58 years old but look 39, along with two other English riders

- Roger Bennett, also 58 but looks like he has had a very hard life! He freely admits to being one of the very best sidecar pilots in any weather.
Roger (pilot) and I (navigator) will be using a 1000cc B.M.W Boxer sidecar outfit.....

- The third member of our group is Robin Stevens aged 56ish... Is also a hardened winter biker and although the youngest of the group, his driving ability on his 750cc B.M.W boxes sidecar outfit is first class, and well able to cope with any situation.

We would very much like you to consider us as guests to the 2006 Tauerntreffen Rally.

We had already booked our Ferry out of the U.K (Hull-Rotterdam) bound for the 2006 Elephant, hoping to find snow to play in, when we were told by Ian Bray (who is on your Guest list) about your Tauerntraffen rally.

A rally with ride outs for real bikes and real none bull shit bikers is just what we are looking for ...

Bikers who hopefully know one end of a spanner from the other, and know how to use a big hammer and a cutting torch to make fine mechanical adjustments, or delicate cosmetic alteration ...

But please let me tell you a little bit about us. We live in the North of England, we are all house trained, we all know how to use a knife and folk and know to lift the toilet seat before going for a pee.

We wash our hand after using the bath room. We also say please, thank you, good morning and good night with a smile, and would very much expect the same in return......

We talk bikes and travel... We are not into sex, drugs, football, fireworks,anti social behaviour, bad language in public or in front of Lady's, our bikes are road legal and run quit exhausts.

We only want to see and enjoy your lovely country and leave it as we found it, so we can return with you as our friend, and bring our Grand children back time and time again in the coming years ...

For myself I have been married to the same old lady for 37 years and have two grown up children, both married and between them we have 3 lovely Grandchildren - need I say more!

We like good home cooked food, a small amount of beer, because we very much want to keep our Driving licences and enjoy the following days ride outs with like minded people.

(...)

We have been driven to try main land Europe because the winter weather here in the U.K is just not fun any more, it's been so bad here for the past few winters at the Dragon, with sunshine and even warm rain.

And we know what the sunshine bring out? Tourists.
So If at the 2006 Dragon (we already have our tickets) the weather is still poor. We are going to put the bikes in the tents and we will sleep out side in our underware....Not a pretty sight, but if nothing else, it should help keep the tourists and mosquito's well back.

After looking at your web site, and thank you very much for taking the time to run the web sight in English, we relish the idear of not only going on ride outs, but using our BMW's as big downhill toboggans if that is OK with you and the locals of course?........

(...)

I hope you can find room for us on your Rally,we are not boring,old or fixed in our ways ...

Kind Regards to you all.......

John Stanley - Navigator.
Roger Bennett - Driver
Robin Stevens - Driver

Well, who could have said "no" ? :-D

You were much fun, guys!

Cheers
motorang 8)
-------------------
Gerade als die Raupe dachte, die Welt würde untergehen, verwandelte sie sich in einen Schmetterling.
motorang
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blechroller » Do 16 Feb, 2006 20:05

Fein :!:

OllY
Oxymoronscher Kradist
"Your motor sounds different!"

Lederfransen kann man sogar verchromen

Photonen
Blechroller
Vielschreiber

Beitragvon Tigris » Fr 17 Feb, 2006 10:28

I hope John will attend the Tauerntreffen 2007 too. Beside the fact of his outstanding enthusiasm for riding "unusual" bikes at "unusual" times I like this kind of humour in his email very much. I hope to meet him IRL in January 2007 :grin:
Four wheels move the body,
three wheels move the soul!

Take me home to the Paradise City
where the grass is green and the Girls are pretty
Tigris
nur selten im Forum

Zurück zu Tauerntreffen