By Simon Morgan (including photo link)

Die Ablage für die Beiträge vergangener TT

By Simon Morgan (including photo link)

Beitragvon motorang » Mi 28 Jan, 2009 06:48

Concerning the 2008 TT (just found the text again in his application form):

Having experienced this year's TT and being thoroughly impressed, I'm again seeking to take up the challenge of attending in 2009. I was impressed with the low-key nature of the rally, the stunning scenery (I'd never experienced such a clear starry night sky before) and the genuine camaraderie of fellow rally attendies in helping each other out with vehicles being stuck on the icy toll road road, equipment/bikes/etc. being blown around by the storm, and so on.

Having turned up this year on my own after Graham Carrick (Onepot) and a few others not being able to attend at the last minute, I was felt most welcome. I am now much more confident in the snow, and I've picked up many tips from the guys, Johann Reinbacher in particular, and Kevin and Ian. I'm investigating snow chains and I'm even considering a sidecar (I have plenty of experience to draw on from Graham, Jethro and Julian on the subject of sidecars!).

BTW, I have published some images at http://www.simonmorgan.org/biking/tauer ... index.html

Kind Regards,
Simon
-------------------
Gerade als die Raupe dachte, die Welt würde untergehen, verwandelte sie sich in einen Schmetterling.
motorang
Site Admin

Zurück zu Tauerntreffen Archiv